Reveal a Complete & Confident Smile with Dental Crowns in NYC
What are Dental Crowns?
A dental crown is like a cap or a cup that sits over your existing tooth. And it actually looks and feels just like natural teeth! They hold the tooth together and strengthen the tooth to prevent fractures. Once placed, it in effect becomes the tooth’s new outer surface. In comparison, a dental filling just fills in or repairs a portion of the existing tooth structure. On the other hand, a crown is permanently cemented over the existing tooth structure and thus provides the whole tooth with strength and retention.
Where are Dental Crowns Placed?
Crowns are placed over teeth that have been weakened by large cavities or restorations.
Also, some teeth that have had root canals need crowns.
Finally, fractured and or discolored teeth can be restored with crowns.
Crowns restore strength, chewing efficiency, esthetics, and even smile alignment.
Why Opt for Dental Crowns in NYC?
Dental crowns, often termed as “caps”, are custom-fitted covers for teeth that have been damaged, decayed, or discolored. They’re both functional, restoring the strength and function of a tooth, and aesthetic, mimicking the natural appearance of your teeth.
Benefits of Dental Crowns by Dr. A
- Restore Strength: Dental crowns bring back the durability and resilience of a weakened tooth, allowing you to eat and speak without discomfort.
- Natural Appearance: Using state-of-the-art technology and materials, Dr. A ensures that your crown matches the color, size, and shape of your natural teeth.
- Long-Lasting: With proper care, dental crowns can last a decade or even longer.
- Protective: Crowns shield the underlying tooth from further damage, decay, or wear.
What is the Treatment Procedure?
- It typically takes two separate appointments to place a dental crown. These visits are usually scheduled about one week apart.
- The first appointment involves minimal shaping of the tooth (removal of decay and old filling), making a tooth mold, and placing a temporary crown.
- During the period between the two appointments, a dental laboratory technician will fabricate your new crown.
- At your second appointment, Smile DD Studio will cement the new custom-made crown to perfectly fit your smile and bite.
Is a Dental Crown Right for You?
Dental crowns are versatile and can address a variety of dental issues, including:
- Broken or chipped teeth
- Severely decayed teeth
- After a root canal treatment
- To cover discolored or misshapen teeth
- To anchor a dental bridge
If you’re facing any of these issues, or if you’re unsure about the best cosmetic solution for your dental needs, Dr. A is here to guide you through every step.
Common Queries about Dental Crowns in NYC
How Do I Maintain My Dental Crowns?
- Regular Cleaning: Brush and floss around your crowned tooth just as you would with your natural teeth.
- Avoid Hard Foods: To prevent chipping, avoid chewing hard foods or non-food items.
- Regular Dental Checkups: Visit Dr. A routinely to ensure the longevity and health of your crown.
Will the crown feel different from my natural teeth?
While it might feel slightly different initially, with time, it will feel just like one of your natural teeth.
How long does the procedure take
Typically, two appointments are necessary – one for the preparation and impression and another for the placement of the permanent crown.
Do dental crowns require special care?
Not at all! Simply maintain good oral hygiene, and your crown should serve you well for years.
Is the procedure painful?
Dr. A ensures that the entire procedure is as comfortable as possible. Local anesthesia is administered, so you experience minimal discomfort.
Restore Functionality With Custom-Made Dental Bridges in NYC
In the city that never sleeps, every smile tells a tale of dreams, ambition, and a zest for life. Yet, for those missing a tooth or two, the story can sometimes be one of hesitation and reservation. This is where Smile Design Dental Studio, under the masterful hands of Dr. A, steps in. Introducing our premium dental bridges in NYC – your golden ticket to a captivating and complete smile.
What is a Dental Bridge?
Dental bridges, as their name suggests, act as a ‘bridge’ between teeth, filling in the spaces left by missing teeth. Not only do they restore the visual appeal of your smile, but they also reinstate functionality, enabling effective chewing, speaking, and maintaining the shape of your face. A bridge is needed when you have an area(s) of tooth loss. The teeth next to this area receive crowns that are splinted together to fill the area where you have tooth loss.
Advantages of Dental Bridges by Dr. A
- Natural Look: Dr. A prides himself on creating bridges that harmoniously blend with your natural teeth.
- Restoration of Function: Say goodbye to difficulties in chewing or speaking.
- Durability: With proper care, dental bridges can last for many years.
- Face Shape Maintenance: Prevent facial sagging and maintain your natural face shape.
- Evenly Distribute Bite: Bridges help in distributing your bite evenly, preventing undue stress on any single tooth.
Is A Dental Bridge Right For You?
Dental bridges are an excellent solution if you:
- Have one or more missing teeth.
- Seek to maintain your facial structure.
- Wish to prevent remaining teeth from drifting.
- Need a fixed alternative to dentures.
Dr. A will help guide your decision based on your specific needs.
The Process at Smile Design Dental Studio
Meet Dr. A for a comprehensive evaluation and to discuss the viability and advantages of a dental bridge for your unique situation.
Adjacent teeth are prepared to support the bridge. Impressions are taken to ensure a perfect fit.
To protect your teeth and gums, a temporary bridge is set while your custom-made one is crafted.
On your next visit, Dr. A will secure your permanent bridge, making any necessary adjustments to ensure comfort and precision.
Why are Dental Bridges and Dental Crowns Expensive?
- Custom Made: No one in the world can wear your crown. A crown needs to perfectly fit your tooth shade, smile, and bite. They are one of the few things in this world that are individually customized and not mass-produced. It takes a highly trained laboratory technician a week to hand-make your crown.
- Investment of Time and Skill: Preparing a tooth for a crown is a time and skill-intensive procedure. Dr. Aguebor has invested in the latest equipment, and hours of education and has had years of experience creating hundreds of beautiful crowns for his patients.
- Longevity: Crowns are simply the strongest, longest-lasting tooth restorations we can place in the mouth. You will be “using” your crown 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Your crown with proper maintenance should last decades.
Rediscover the Joy of a Perfect Smile with Dr. A
Your search for the best dental crowns and dental bridges ends in the heart of New York. Dr. A, your sought-after cosmetic dentist in NYC, combines his expertise with a keen eye for detail, ensuring that every dental crown he crafts is a perfect fit and provides a natural appearance.
Contact us today and embrace the future of brilliant smiles.